The Oxford Value and Stewardship Programme supports individuals and organisations to understand and adopt the new paradigm and there are five activities that are needed to create the new paradigm
- Define population sub-groups with a common need and allocate resources optimally
- Design the system for each population sub-group
- Ensure each individual makes decisions to optimise personal value
- Deliver value for the population and all the individuals in need equitably through networks
- Create the culture of stewardship, with a governance process that promotes collective responsibility
These are relevant to everyone formally involved in leadership and management, many of whom are also clinicians, but all of them, particularly the need for a culture of stewardship should be felt by everyone in a health service.
This requires a new set of skills and we provide the learning required in five modules. At the end of the five modules, participants will:
- Understand the concepts and practical actions necessary for value-based population health and care.
- Know how to establish and lead new culture of stewardship.
|How to improve healthcare system by increasing value and reducing waste
|How to shift focus from bureaucracies to populations
|How to design population based systems and deliver care through networks
|How to create a culture of stewardship
|How to optimise personal value